Best Family Cars
When you’re shopping for a car that suits the entire family, space, comfort, and safety become major concerns. Balancing all three is difficult enough, and it becomes even more of a challenge to find something that ticks all those boxes while being enjoyable to drive and fuel efficient. Of course, it would be nice if it fit within your budget, too.
Thankfully, we’ve done the hard work for you, tracking down the best family cars you can buy. Read on to see which one best fits your family and your needs. At Germain Cars, we want to make each and every part of the buying process easy – even research. Read on to learn about the best family cars you can buy.
One look at the spec sheet for the Honda Odyssey, and it’s easy to see why it’s one of America’s best-loved minivans. The Odyssey is packed with features and innovations that are sure to make sense for your family, as well as plenty of space for kids and cargo. It’s also a winner of the prestigious Top Safety Pick+ award from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS). In addition to a strong structure, buyers are treated to an impressive suite of standard safety tech. With three rows of seating with nearly endless configurations, the Odyssey is as practical as it is safe. Raising a family can be a real handful – thankfully, the Honda Odyssey has an optional hands-free tailgate that can make loading and unloading precious cargo a breeze.
- Starting at $32,965 MSRP*
- 144.9 cubic feet max cargo capacity
- One-motion 60/40 split 3rd-row Magic Seat®
- Optional CabinTalk in-car PA system (broadcast through speakers and headphones) and multi-zone audio
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver- assistive features
- Standard automatic climate control system
- Available Advanced Rear Entertainment System with 10.2-inch screen, Blu-ray™ player and built-in streaming apps
- 1.0-amp USB Audio Interface and 2.5-amp USB charging port in center console
The Toyota Sienna is another great van that sets itself apart from its peers thanks to its class-exclusive available all-wheel drive system. The Sienna combines the sure-footedness of all wheel drive with the comfort and convenience of a minivan, in a package that’s safe and technologically advanced. There’s an available 1080p HD Entertainment Center with an 11.6-inch display and HDMI inputs, as well as standard Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 with Automatic Emergency Braking. That’s some pretty impressive tech – the future looks very bright from where we’re standing, especially considering the standard LED headlights fitted to the Sienna. In addition, the Toyota Sienna is an IIHS Top Safety Pick+, so you can rest assured that it’s a great choice for your growing family.
- Starting at $35,635 MSRP*
- 101 cubic feet max cargo capacity
- Available All-Wheel Drive and up to 3,500-lb towing capacity (class-exclusive hybrid AWD powertrain option)
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 with Automatic Emergency Braking
- Optional 10-inch color Head-Up Display (HUD) with speedometer, navigation, and Hybrid System Indicator
- Dual power sliding side doors and liftgate with jam protection
- Available 1080p HD Entertainment Center with 11.6-inch display, HDMI inputs, remote, and two wireless headphones
- Optional Bird’s Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan
The Volkswagen Atlas combines rugged, muscular looks with German engineering. The Atlas isn’t just a pretty face – it’s proof positive that beauty is more than skin deep. With seating for seven, the Atlas is ideal for your growing family. The control layout is simple and straightforward to avoid distractions, and there are tons of cubbies and cupholders to store all of your family’s little necessities. In addition to being spacious, the interior is also packed with cutting-edge tech and safety features, including available wireless charging and a host of driver assistance features like automatic braking. All-wheel drive is also available, as well as a towing package that allows you to take full advantage of the 5,000 pound towing capacity of the Atlas for those times when you need even more space.
- Starting at $31,555 MSRP*
- 96.8 cubic feet max cargo capacity
- Available All-Wheel Drive and up to 5,000-lb towing capacity
- Standard Blind Spot Monitor and Forward Collision Warning with Autonomous Emergency Braking
- 60/40 split folding 2nd row, 3rd-row easy entry, and 50/50-split folding 3rd row
- Available second-row captain’s chairs
- Available three-zone climate control
- Standard LED exterior lighting
Ford Expedition MAX
The Ford Expedition has been one of America’s favorite SUVs for a long time. The newest and best version of the Expedition, the Expedition MAX, includes seating for eight – and safety for eight, too. The standard Safety Canopy system includes side curtain airbags for all three rows, which will protect your family even when the worst happens. Loading and unloading cargo is now easier than ever with a power folding third row seat. Second-row passengers have their own cargo control panel, while the driver can utilize the hands-free features of the latest SYNC® 3 system to keep their hands on the wheel and their eyes on the road. And we’re strictly talking standard equipment, here – there’s a host of other excellent tech and safety features available to Expedition MAX buyers.
- Starting at $54,810 MSRP*
- 121.4 cubic feet max cargo capacity
- 9,000 pound max towing capacity
- Independent rear suspension for superior comfort and control
- Standard power-folding third row seats
- 15 cupholders
- Standard 4G LTE mobile hotspot can connect up to ten devices within a 50-foot range
- NHTSA five-star crash test safety rating
The Mercedes-Benz GLE offers the ultimate in luxury and technology for your family. It’s everything you would expect from a Mercedes-Benz, and so much more. Up front, you’ll find opulent power heated seats with memory function as standard equipment. You’ll also get remote start, as well as included navigation with three years of complimentary map updates. Other standard tech features include wireless charging, gesture controls, ambient lighting, and an enhanced alarm system with parking damage detection. Safety is of utmost importance to Mercedes-Benz engineers, and their hard work paid off with a nod from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS). The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE has been awarded the prestigious Top Safety Pick + award, making it one of the safest family cars you can buy. It’s a nice cherry on top for an otherworldly luxury experience that is simply unmatched.
- Starting at $54,750 MSRP*
- 80.3 cubic feet max cargo capacity
- Optional 4MATIC® fully-variable All-Wheel Drive
- Revolutionary E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL system — the world’s most intelligent SUV suspension developed by Mercedes-Benz
- Standard MBUX with Voice Control, dual 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and touchscreen multimedia displays
- Standard wireless charging
- Available enlarged panoramic sliding sunroof with a 50% larger viewing area
- MBUX Interior Assistant with hand and arm movement recognition