10 Best 7-Passenger SUVs
Modern 7-passenger SUVs deliver an excellent blend of robust towing capability, powerful performance, comfortable and spacious interiors, and innovative technology. Offering much more than brute strength and generous size, these impressive vehicles give drivers the ability to bring more passengers and more cargo along to their favorite destinations. Whether you choose a full-size or midsize SUV with three-row seating, you’ll have enough versatility to make lasting memories. Perfect for families or those with active lifestyles, we present the Top 10 Best 7-Passenger SUVs for 2024 available in the United States, listed alphabetically.
|Vehicle||MSRP||Seating Capacity||Cargo Volume (cubic feet)||Max Towing Capacity (lbs)|
|2024 Audi Q7||$59,500||7||69.6||7,700|
|2024 BMW X7||$81,900||7||90.4||7,500|
|2024 Cadillac XT6||$48,795||7||78.7||4,000|
|2024 Honda Pilot||$37,090||7 or 8||87.0||5,000|
|2023 Dodge Durango||$40,640||5, 6, or 7||85.1||8,700|
|2024 Lexus GX||TBA||7||TBA||8,000|
|2024 Mercedes-Benz GLS||$87,000||7||84.7||7,716|
|2024 Toyota Sequoia||$60,875||7 or 8||86.9||9,520|
|2024 Volkswagen Atlas||$37,725||7||96.8||5,000|
|2024 Range Rover Sport||$83,600||5 or 7||71.9||8,200|
|2024 Ford Explorer||$36,760||7||87.8||5,600|
2024 Audi Q7
Featuring striking body lines and spacious seating for up to 7, the Audi Q7 offers a balanced combination of elegance and capability. Standard on the Q7 is the legendary Audi quattro® all-wheel drive system along with an optional turbocharged TFSI® V6 engine, which delivers an impressive 335 horsepower. When equipped, the Q7 is able to tow up to 7,700 lbs and maneuverability is effortless thanks to the optional Top View Parking Camera System. Safety remains a top priority, with available collision avoidance assist technologies and Audi pre sense® city with pedestrian detection. Easily navigate stop-and-go traffic with available traffic jam assist. Hear your favorite music like never before with the optional Bang and Olufsen® 3D Advanced Sound System with 23 speakers for an audiophile-grade experience. The Audi Q7 is a fantastic choice among 7-passenger SUVs.
- 7,700 lb towing capacity (when equipped with available package)
- Available turbocharged TFSI® 335 horsepower V6 engine
- Audi connect® with six-month trial subscription
- Power split folding 50/50 third-row seatbacks with electric fold and return function
- Optional Top View Parking Camera System
2024 BMW X7
Divers searching for a third-row SUV that offers athletic driving dynamics and luxurious refinement need to experience the BMW X7 for themselves. Equipped with a standard power-folding third-row, other amenities found on the X7 include a four-corner air suspension, Dynamic Damper Control, BMW Live Cockpit Professional with navigation, and a stunning 12.3-inch digital display. The BMW X7 is available with your choice of a 3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder and a potent 4.4-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo V8 engine. Available xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive system gives X7 drivers the ultimate confidence when tackling harsh terrain or inclement weather conditions.
Inside the X7, drivers will be greeted with optional multi-contour leather seats that conform to your body with nearly limitless positioning options. The Surround View parking system gives you a bird’s-eye perspective of the area behind and on either side of your vehicle. Optional WiFi Hotspot connectivity and wireless charging will keep all of your passengers connected and content. The X7 boasts second-row seats which split 40/20/40, folding away to create a maximum of 90.4 cubic feet of space.
- Engine choices – Turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six or a Twin-Turbo 4.4-liter V8
- Standard panoramic glass sunroof spanning across the first and second rows
- 12.3-inch instrument cluster screen and central touchscreen information display with BMW iDrive Controller
- Four-corner air suspension
- BMW Dynamic Damper Control with Comfort, Sport, and Eco Pro modes
2024 Cadillac XT6
The Cadillac XT6 was engineered to defy expectations of what an SUV can do, through an elegantly crafted balance of technology, sophistication, and functionality. Dramatic exterior body lines are complemented by a stylishly bold grille framed by slim all-LED signature headlamps for outstanding clarity and illumination.
Unmatched levels of refinement make the interior of the XT6 truly remarkable. Power-folding third row seats, a collection of premium materials, Tri-Zone Climate Control, and available ventilated front seats are only a handful of the impressive interior highlights. Drivers can choose from either a standard 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder or a potent 3.6-liter V6 with an intelligent 9-speed automatic transmission. Available with a 4,000-lb towing capacity, Smart Tow Trailering System, and all-wheel drive — the Cadillac XT6 provides an ideal blend of luxury and capability.
- Choice of 2.0L 4-cylinder or 3.6L V6 engine with 9-speed automatic transmission
- Optional Comfort & Air Quality Package: heated second-row seats, In-vehicle air ionizer, ventilated front seats
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- UltraView® sunroof
- Available Driver Assist Package: Adaptive Cruise Control-Advanced, Automatic Seat Belt Tightening, Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking and Reverse Automatic Braking
2023 Dodge Durango
To suit the needs of your growing family, the Dodge Durango remains a serious contender in the three-row SUV segment. The Durango comes standard with a 3.6-liter Pentastar® V6 or you can choose from an available 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 or 6.4-liter HEMI® V8. This robust power contributes to an impressive 8,700-lb max towing capacity for the Durango, allowing you to bring all of your gear along for the adventure. Seating for up to 7 passengers, massive third-row legroom, along with heated and cooled front passenger seats are only a few highlights of the impressive interior.
Uconnect® 4, included as standard on the Durango, is your centralized location for all of your favorite apps and media. This innovative infotainment system features voice recognition, fast response times, customizable displays, optional navigation, and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto smartphone integration. Eliminate boredom on extended road trips with the optional dual second-row 9-inch HDMI Blu-ray™ screens. Groundbreaking safety features including available LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning, Advanced Brake Assist, and Adaptive Cruise Control provide a helping hand when you need it most. The Dodge Durango is an ideal choice for large families that are always on the move.
- Standard 3.6-liter Pentastar® V6, available 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 or 6.4-liter HEMI® V8
- Uconnect® 4 with 8.4-Inch Display
- Optional 9 Alpine® Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer
- Available Parksense® Rear Park-Assist with Stop
- Optional Rear DVD Entertainment Center
2024 Honda Pilot
The Honda Pilot offers a sleek profile and versatile design that boasts seating for up to 8 passengers with up to 87.0 cubic feet of cargo capacity. Available intelligent Variable Torque Management AWD paired to the standard 285 horsepower 3.5-liter i-VTEC® V-6 engine makes it easy to discover new adventures in the Honda Pilot. When properly equipped, the Pilot is able to tow up to 5,000 lbs. There’s also a handy hidden storage compartment in the rear cargo area that helps keep your essential items safe and secure for the journey.
Rear-seat passengers can watch the miles fly by through the optional Panoramic Roof or enjoy high-definition quality via the optional Bose Premium Sound System. Access to the third row is convenient, with easy-to-reach one-touch buttons. Standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration gives drivers access to a wealth of information ranging from Google Maps to several other popular apps. The Honda Pilot continues to be a favorite among the 7-passenger SUV segment.
- Standard 285 horsepower 3.5-liter i-VTEC® V6 engine with direct injection
- Multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines
- Tri-zone automatic climate control system with humidity control and air filtration
- Optional Bose Premium Surround System
- Available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
2024 Lexus GX
Whether it’s an urban landscape or rugged terrain, the Lexus GX takes you there in lavish comfort and style. Built for adventure, the GX features a 3.4L twin-turbo V6 engine that delivers 349 horsepower and 479 lb-ft of torque. Tow up to 8,000 lbs with complete confidence thanks to the Trailer Sway Control system which helps detect and reduce excessive trailer movement. Relax in the serene interior of the Lexus GX, which offers 10-way power-adjustable front seats, three-zone climate control, and optional power flat-folding third-row seats.
Standard connectivity features of the GX include wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration along with the cutting-edge digital 12.3 Multi-Information Display (MID). With seating for up to seven passengers, GX offers crowd-pleasing amenities including its Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio System. Stand out from the crowd with the available Overtrail trim level, which features a Torsen® limited-slip center differential with locking feature, chiseled front fascia, and darker rear taillamp housings.
- 3.4-liter twin-turbo V6 engine with 349 horsepower and 479 lb-ft of torque / 8,000 lb max towing capacity
- Standard Lexus Safety System+ 3.0 and Lexus Interface with 14-inch multimedia touchscreen
- Available 21-Speaker Mark Levinson Surround Sound
- Wireless Apple CarPlay® Integration and Android Auto® compatibility with digital 12.3 Multi-Information Display (MID)
- Optional Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS)
2024 Mercedes-Benz GLS
When it comes to being ready to face any challenge, providing unrivaled comfort, and keeping your family safe, the Mercedes-Benz GLS is engineered to exceed expectations. GLS offers your choice of either a 375-horsepower turbocharged inline six-cylinder or an available 510-horsepower biturbo V8 engine. Efficient 4MATIC® all-wheel drive provides precise traction during harsh weather conditions. Optional self-leveling height-adjustable AIRMATIC® air suspension provides a comfortable ride for all passengers, while also working in tandem with Trailer Stability Assist to help minimize trailer sway while towing.
Standard on Mercedes-Benz GLS is a power liftgate, power-folding third row, and 60/40-split second row which can accommodate up to 84.7 cubic feet of cargo. GLS offers outstanding connectivity with available Mercedes me with smartphone app, Remote Start, and in-car Internet. Unwind after a long day with optional heated, ventilated and massaging front seats. Third row access is effortless thanks to the split-fold/reclining second row of seats. The versatile interior of the GLS goes from seating seven adults to 84.7 cubic feet of cargo capacity in a matter of seconds.
- Standard 3.0L inline-6 turbo with EQ Boost or available 4.0L V8 biturbo engine with EQ Boost and 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic transmission
- Available 4MATIC fully variable all-wheel drive
- Optional Multicontour front seats with massage
- Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX)
- Power-folding 50/50-split 3rd-row seats
2024 Toyota Sequoia
The Toyota Sequoia rides on a fully boxed frame for unmatched strength and durability, along with its i-FORCE MAX 3.5-liter Twin-Turbo V6 hybrid engine featuring up to 9,520 lbs of towing capacity. Available Trailer-Sway Control (TSC) is engineered to apply brake pressure at individual wheels and manage engine torque to help the driver keep control of the trailer. A massive 86.9 cubic feet of cargo storage means that Sequoia is ready for your next camping trip or beach vacation.
The Toyota Sequoia Platinum offers a range of features sure to be appreciated by even the youngest passengers. Front passengers can relax in the available heated/ventilated seats while those in the back will have plenty of room to stretch out and get comfortable. The available Premium Audio Toyota Audio Multimedia system with JBL Audio gives drivers a fully connected multimedia experience. An available power liftgate and power reclining and fold-flat third-row seat make settling in for the long-haul a breeze. No matter your destination, Toyota Sequoia gets the job done and helps you live the lifestyle you love with room to spare.
- Standard i-FORCE MAX 3.5-liter Twin-Turbo V6 hybrid engine with 437 horsepower / 583 lb-ft of torque, maximum towing capacity of 9,520 lbs
- Available Premium Audio Toyota Audio Multimedia system with JBL Audio
- Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5 (TSS 2.5)
- Power tilt/slide moonroof with sliding sunshade
- Available Load-leveling Rear Height Control Air Suspension plus Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) system
2024 Volkswagen Atlas
From a short trip across town to a weekend getaway, the Volkswagen Atlas is ready for it all. A standard 2.0-liter TSI Turbo 4-Cylinder engine produces 269 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque, more than enough to take you anywhere without breaking a sweat. Available 4MOTION® all-wheel drive with Driving Mode Selection gives Atlas drivers the ability to switch between four different modes with the turn of a dial. When equipped, Atlas boasts a robust 5,000 lb towing capacity for bringing even your largest toys along for the journey
Volkswagen Atlas was designed for large families on-the-go and offers a wide array of helpful features. Kick your foot under the rear bumper of the Atlas to open the Hands-free Easy Open power liftgate to reveal a cavernous 96.8 cubic feet of maximum cargo space. An available Rearview Camera System makes parking effortless and Atlas drivers can warm up their vehicles on chilly winter mornings with the remote start system. VW Car-Net App-Connect lets you link your compatible smartphone with Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, or MirrorLink® to use select apps on the touchscreen display of the Atlas.
- Standard 2.0L TSI Turbocharged 4-Cylinder Engine with 269 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque
- Optional Climatronic® 3-zone automatic climate control with air vents for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rows
- Available Volkswagen Car-Net Guide & Inform with 4-year SiriusXM® Traffic subscription and 3-month SiriusXM Travel Link® trial subscription
- Available 4MOTION® all-wheel-drive system with Driving Mode selection
- 60/40-split folding 2nd row with 3rd-row easy entry and 50/50-split folding 3rd row
2024 Range Rover Sport
Perhaps the most versatile SUV in the Land Rover lineup, the current generation of the Range Rover Sport is engineered with dynamic performance capabilities to help enhance your drive. Drivers can choose from a 3.0L I6 producing either 355 or 395 horsepower, a 434-horsepower PHEV variant, or a thrilling 5.0L Supercharged Twin-Turbo V8 with 523 horsepower. Every component of the luxurious cabin is crafted to place the driver at the center of attention. Experience precision-crafted Semi-Aniline leather and 20-way memory front seats with massage functionality, a 13.1-inch touchscreen infotainment display, and an intuitive steering wheel. There are four trim levels offered in the Range Rover Sport Lineup. In a segment filled with imitators, the competition finds it challenging to match the comfort and athletic capabilities of the Range Rover Sport.
- Standard Pivi Pro infotainment system
- Optional 22-way Heated and Cooled Front Memory Seats with Heated Rear Seats
- Available Meridian™ Surround Sound System (825W) with 19 Speakers
- Choice of 6-cylinder, 8-cylinder, or PHEV powertrains with AWD
- Optional 360° Parking Aid with Rear View Camera
2024 Ford Explorer
To suit the needs of your growing family, the Ford Explorer remains a serious contender in the three-row SUV segment. The Expedition comes standard with a 2.3L EcoBoost® I-4 or you can upgrade to an available 3.0L twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 Powertrain. This robust power contributes to a 5,600-lb max towing capacity for the Explorer, allowing you to bring all of your gear along for the adventure. Seating for up to 7 passengers, massive third-row legroom, along with heated and cooled front passenger seats are only a few highlights of the impressive interior.
SYNC® infotainment is optional on the Explorer. SYNC 3 offers high-speed performance, enhanced voice recognition, a capacitive touchscreen with swipe capability, available navigation with easy destination entry, and pinch-to-zoom functionality. An available 360-degree camera with split-view display uses four cameras, enabling you to see all sides of the vehicle on the eight-inch color LCD screen. The Terrain Management System™ allows the driver to select from up to seven preset modes to optimize driving dynamics for road conditions. The Ford Explorer is an ideal choice for large families that are always on the move.
- Standard 2.3L EcoBoost® I-4 or available 3.0L twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 with 5,600-lb max towing capacity
- Available 10.1-inch touchscreen display with SYNC® 3 and FordPass Connect™ Wi-Fi service
- Available PowerFold® third-row seats and E-Z entry second-row seats
- Ford Co-Pilot360™ suite of driver-assist technologies
- Optional B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen