9 Best Luxury SUVs in 2022
Today’s luxury SUVs offer a blend of performance, comfortable and spacious interiors, robust towing capability, along with cutting-edge technology. These vehicles deliver far more than simply size and brute strength. Luxury SUVs are versatile enough to haul gear and passengers up the mountain for a camping trip, as easily as they are able to cruise down the boulevard after a night on the town. Check out our picks for the best midsize SUVs available on the luxury market today.
2022 Audi Q7
The Audi Q7 sets the standard for the modern full-size luxury SUV. The Q7 comes standard with legendary Audi quattro® all-wheel drive which delivers unmatched performance both on and off the road. An impressive optional turbocharged TFSI® V6 engine delivers an impressive 335 horsepower. Drivers will find the latest tech safety features in the Audi Q7, with available collision avoidance assist technologies, traffic jam assist, and Audi pre sense® city with pedestrian detection. Safety remains a top priority on the Audi Q7, which comes standard with a wide array of active and passive safety features. Fully automatic LED headlights and LED taillights accent the dynamic styling of the Q7. No matter which way you look at it, the Audi Q7 continues to set the industry benchmark for excellence.
- Available turbocharged TFSI® 335 horsepower V6 engine
- Power split folding 50/50 third-row seatbacks with electric fold and return function
- 7,700 lb towing capacity (when equipped with the available package)
- Optional Top View Parking Camera System
- Audi virtual cockpit (12.3” LCD full digital instrument cluster)
- Audi connect® with six-month trial subscription
2022 Porsche Macan
Car and Driver Editors’ Choice Award: 2022 Porsche Macan
The iconic Porsche Macan builds on its impressive legacy in an effort to cater to drivers who crave the ultimate performance from their compact luxury SUV. Creating a look that’s unmistakable as a Porsche, the Macan features a coupe-like sloping roofline which creates a characteristic sports car contour. At the rear, the Macan wears a new taillight strip which emphasizes new four-point brake lights. Giving you unrivaled control of multimedia, a new 10.9-inch touchscreen display in Porsche Communication Management (PCM) now offers full-HD resolution and a personalized start screen. An active all-wheel drive system Porsche Traction Management (PTM) and optional Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) work in tandem to produce an inspired sense of control behind the wheel of the Macan. The Porsche Macan is available in an extensive range of distinctive models, making it simple to choose the one that’s perfectly suited to your driving style.
- Turbocharged engine options with 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) with Auto Start Stop function
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) and new 10.9-inch touchscreen display
- Active all-wheel drive system Porsche Traction Management (PTM)
- Available BOSE® Surround Sound System or Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
- Standard online navigation system with Real-time Traffic Information and online map updates
- Optional multifunctional GT sports steering wheel
2022 Lexus RX
10 Top Picks of 2022: Best Cars of the Year
The Lexus RX lineup ranges from the popular RX 350 and RX Hybrid to the performance-oriented RX F SPORT and versatile RX L. Drivers searching for utility with heightened luxury should look no further than the Lexus RX. A 295-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine with eight-speed automatic transmission comes standard on RX 350 models. Lexus pioneered the first hybrid luxury SUV and that heritage shows on the RX hybrid. Opt for the RX 450h to experience Lexus Hybrid Drive with an Atkinson-cycle V6 engine, 308 total system horsepower, and a 30-MPG combined fuel economy rating. RX F Sport models take performance to the next level with bold exterior styling, Adaptive Variable Suspension, 20-inch alloy wheels, and enhanced powertrains. The RX L provides three-row seating for up to seven passengers and generous cargo capacity for your next weekend getaway. Interior highlights include an available 12.3-inch high-resolution multimedia display, 15-speaker, 835-watt Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio System, Panoramic View Monitor, and 3D navigation. The RX continues to earn praise from critics across the industry, its latest award coming in the 10 Top Picks of 2022: Best Cars of the Year from Consumer Reports.
- Standard 295-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine with eight-speed automatic transmission
- Optional 15-speaker Mark Levinson audio system
- Available Touch-Free Power Rear Door
- Standard power-folding, 60/40-split, heated rear seats
- Standard Lexus Safety System+ 2.0 and 10 standard airbags
- Available Premium Triple-Beam LED headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling
2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC
IIHS Top Safety Pick Award – 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC
Competition among midsize luxury SUVs has never been stronger. The Mercedes-Benz GLC comes standard with a turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine with 255 horsepower connected to a 9-speed automatic transmission. Convenience features available on the GLC include Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) with 10.25-inch display, Voice Control with Natural Language Understanding, and innovative touchscreen controller. Safety features on Mercedes-Benz GLC are designed to seamlessly work together to keep drivers out of danger on the road. Highlights include class-exclusive Crosswind Assist, COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS, PRE-SAFE®, and AGILITY CONTROL. Available 4MATIC® all-wheel drive provides precise traction inputs to keep the GLC stable in various road conditions. For the ultimate experience, the Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC 43 boasts a 385-horsepower 3.0L V6 biturbo engine, AMG-tuned suspension, aggressive styling, and available 21-inch alloy wheels.
- Standard 255-horsepower 2.0L inline-4 turbo w/Direct Injection and 9G-TRONIC 9-speed w/shift paddles
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers, heated windshield washers
- Adaptive braking technology: Predictive Brake Priming, Automatic Brake Drying, and Hill-Start Assist
- Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 10.25-inch touchscreen multimedia display and touchpad controller
- SmartKey remote locking w/KEYLESS-START
2022 Cadillac XT5
NHTSA 5-Star Safety Award
The sophisticated Cadillac XT5 boasts streamlined styling along with a spacious and versatile interior. Available 20-inch wheels, illuminated door handles, and signature LED lighting help accent the new exterior design. Inside the XT5 the styling cues continue through the use of hand-stitched leather, wood, and other fine materials. Stay connected with the standard 4G LTE internet connectivity with a built-in WiFi hotspot and Cadillac CUE system. Optional Rainsense Wipers automatically engage when rain is sensed and adjusts speed accordingly. Available in both FWD and AWD, XT5 can be equipped with an optional 3.6-liter V6 310 horsepower engine. A testament to the Cadillac commitment to safety, the XT5 was awarded with a 5-Star overall safety rating by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Available 3.6-liter V6 310 horsepower engine
- Available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive
- Optional 20” alloy wheels
- Optional Cadillac CUE Information and Media Control System with Embedded Navigation
- Available Bose Centerpoint® Surround System With Active Noise Cancellation and 14 speakers
- OnStar® 4G LTE With standard one-year Guidance Plan
2022 INFINITI QX60
Vincentric Best CPO Value in America 2022 – Large Luxury SUV – INFINITI QX60
The INFINITI QX60 is a midsize luxury crossover SUV that offers impressive safety, a refined interior with seating for 7 passengers, and sharp styling. Available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive and a fuel-efficient hybrid powertrain highlight the outstanding capability of the QX60. Standard power on the QX60 comes in the form of a 3.5-Liter V6 Direct Injection Engine with 295 horsepower. The QX60 features Distance Control Assist (DCA), which maintains appropriate space between the vehicles during bumper-to-bumper traffic jams and helps to mitigate collisions. The interior is loaded with comfort amenities such as hands-free entry, heated seats and steering wheel, Motion Activated Liftgate, along with ambient interior Welcome Lighting. With seating for 7 passengers, available Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control helps keep every occupant comfortable. Open the optional second and third-row glass panoramic roof on the QX60 to bring fresh air and natural lighting into the cabin. INFINITI InTouch™ with Navigation keeps you connected no matter how far you travel, and as an extra bonus to your wallet – The INFINITI QX60 has received the Vincentric Best CPO Value in America 2022 award in the Large Luxury SUV category.
- Standard 3.5-Liter V6 Direct Injection Engine with 295 horsepower
- Available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive
- Optional INFINITI InTouch™ with Navigation
- 7 passenger seating with 60/40-split second-row seats and 50/50-split third-row seats
- Optional dual 8-inch headrest monitors with HDMI port
- Available Motion Activated Liftgate
2022 BMW X3
U.S. News & World Report – #1 Best Luxury Compact SUV for 2022
Drivers looking for sporty driving dynamics without sacrificing luxurious comfort should look no further than the BMW X3. Power comes in the form of a 248 horsepower 2.0 liter 4 cylinder BMW TwinPower Turbo engine. Available xDrive all-wheel drive intelligently redistributes power among the wheels within milliseconds following a loss of traction. The BMW X3 comes equipped with the BMW iDrive 7.0 system which includes Spotify and Pandora connectivity, enhanced graphics, iDrive controller, and adaptive navigation. The X3 features expansive cargo capacity with 28.7 cubic feet to 62.7 cubic feet of space when the rear seat is folded down, perfect for those with active lifestyles. Additionally, the 360° panorama Surround View Camera System aids in tight parking situations while Variable Sport Steering adjusts the steering ratios for easier maneuvering. The BMW X3 has been named Best Luxury Compact SUV in 2022 by the team at U.S. News & World Report.
- Standard 248 horsepower 2.0 liter BMW TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine
- Available xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive
- BMW iDrive 7.0 system with Spotify and Pandora connectivity
- Optional 360° panorama Surround View Camera System
- Available Active Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- Optional Xenon Adaptive or Adaptive Full LED headlights
2022 Jaguar F-PACE
Offering dynamic styling, proven performance, and uncompromised luxury — the striking Jaguar F-PACE has the capability for every road and the capacity for every day. Eye-catching design elements found on the exterior of the F-PACE include Jaguar ‘J’ blade daytime running lights, Adaptive LED Headlights, aerodynamically efficient alloy wheels, and a commanding front grille to help you stand out in a sea of ordinary. Representing the pinnacle of luxury SUV performance, Jaguar F-PACE SVR models are powered by an impressive 5.0-liter supercharged V8 which produces 550 horsepower and lets you achieve a top track speed of 178 MPH. Every F-PACE comes standard with all-wheel drive featuring Intelligent Driveline Dynamics software for precise handling and minimized understeer across all road surface conditions. Perfectly blending elegance with ergonomics, the interior of the F-PACE impresses with optional Performance seats in perforated grained leather, contemporary British craftsmanship, and a panoramic glass roof. Cutting-edge tech features found inside the interior are a standard 11.4-inch Pivi Pro display with swipe and pinch-to-zoom gestures, a Meridian™ Sound System, and smartphone integration.
- Standard 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder (246 HP), optional 3.0-liter turbocharged and supercharged six-cylinder MHEV (335 HP), or available 3.0-liter turbocharged and supercharged six-cylinder MHEV (395 HP) with standard AWD and 8-speed automatic transmission
- Pivi Pro dual-sim infotainment system accessed through an 11.4-inch HD curved glass touchscreen
- Chiseled hood design, super-slim all-LED quad headlights, grille, and rear lights, and redesigned bumper for a more assertive presence
- Active Road Noise Cancellation and Engine Noise Cancellation for enhanced tranquility
- Optional Black Exterior Pack featuring bespoke elements finished in Gloss Black
- Reimagined interior infused with authentic finishes including open-pore wood veneers and aluminum
- Interior lighting with an upper strip of light encircling the front of the cabin
2023 Range Rover Velar
Featuring a revolutionary design philosophy, the Range Rover Velar features striking proportions, flush door handles, and an integrated rear spoiler which each add functional aerodynamics. Instantly recognizable for its signature Range Rover floating roof and continuous waistline, the Velar provides drivers with a sense of individuality and confidence from all angles. Continuing the brand’s storied reputation for off-road prowess, the Velar is constructed with 9.9-inch ground clearance, a 24° breakover angle, and a 30° departure angle to conquer even the most rugged terrain. Choose from lightweight aluminum 4-cylinder and powerful V6 engines paired with an advanced 8-speed automatic transmission for an ideal blend of power and efficiency. Designed with collaboration from world-renowned designers and craftspeople at Kvadrat, durable wool-blend and suedecloth fabrics can be selected in a selection of colors as an alternative to leather upholstery inside the Velar. A selection of four distinct audio systems allow you and your passengers to enjoy a concert-like listening experience.
- Your choice of V6 and 4-cylinder Ingenium gasoline engines with All Wheel Drive (AWD) with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics (IDD) and Torque Vectoring by Braking
- Land Rover Pivi Pro infotainment system with two 8-inch high-definition touchscreens
- Optional Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
- Available Rear Seat Entertainment with two USB 3.0 ports, one HDMI, Mobile High-Definition Link, and WhiteFire™ connected headphones
- Available Range Rover Activity Key waterproof wristband
- Optional Windsor leather upholstery with a signature Diamond Cut pattern
- Available Electronic Air Suspension
- Standard Terrain Response system with six Terrain Response settings: Comfort, Grass/Gravel/Snow, Mud and Ruts, Sand, ECO, and Dynamic Mode