The Best New Cars Under $25,000
Being on a budget doesn’t have to mean sacrificing when it comes to shopping for a new car. The under-$25K segment has grown significantly and is filled with excellent vehicles. Here is a selection of the top picks available here at Germain Cars.
North American Truck of the Year Award – Ford Maverick
Perfectly suited for drivers living active, urban lifestyles – the city-sized Ford EcoSport has plenty of attitude and versatility to help you make the most of your next adventure. Standard on the EcoSport, a 123-horsepower 1.0L EcoBoost® engine delivers a combination of power and efficiency. Thanks to Auto Stop-Start Technology, you’ll be able to stretch your MPG even further. It’s easier than ever to make calls, access media, and more thanks to enhanced voice-recognition with available SYNC® 3. Reflect your mood inside the interior with optional ambient lighting which features a selection of 7 colorful hues (Ice Blue, Orange, Soft Blue, Red, Green, Blue and Purple). A rear Cargo Management System gives you a variety of configurations, meaning that you’ll never have to leave that extra suitcase behind.
- Standard 2.5L Hybrid (FWD) w/ Auto Stop/Start Technology (preliminary estimated 40 MPG city) or optional 2.0L EcoBoost Engine w/ 8-Speed Automatic Transmission (250 HP/ 277 TQ)
- Optional intelligent all-wheel drive system and up to 4,000-lb towing capacity (when properly equipped)
- FLEXBED™ featuring DIY customizable cargo management solutions and built-in 12-volt electrical power
- 8-inch center touch screen featuring Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto®, and FordPass™ Connect with embedded modem and Wi-Fi for up to 10 devices
- Ford Co-Pilot360™ technology including standard Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking and Automatic High Beam Headlamps
- Available FX4 Package including all-terrain tires and suspension tuning, underbody protection, off-road-focused drive modes, and Hill Descent Control™
- Optional FITS – Ford Integrated Tether System accessory package featuring 3D-print DIY solutions
- Starting at $20,995 MSRP
IIHS Top Safety Pick + Award – Chevrolet Trailblazer
When it comes to the Chevrolet Trailblazer, beauty is more than skin-deep. Inside, you’ll find a comfortable, spacious cabin, as well as a selection of fuel-efficient powerplants under the hood. It’s the perfect vehicle for your active lifestyle, thanks to its cavernous cargo area. The front passenger seat and second-row seats fold flat, affording a maximum cargo length of 8.5 feet, as well as a generous overall cargo capacity of 54.4 cubic feet. Loading and unloading gear gets even easier with the optional hands-free liftgate. There are a number of advanced tech features inside the Trailblazer as well including the standard Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system with a 7-inch color touchscreen, Bluetooth streaming, and Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ compatibility. Safety is important, too, and that’s why Automatic Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Alert, Front Pedestrian Braking, and Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning come standard. The Trailblazer has received the coveted 2022 IIHS Top Safety Pick + award thanks to its outstanding safety and crashworthiness.
- Your choice of a standard 1.2L turbocharged I-3 engine with 137 horsepower / 162 lb ft of torque or an available 1.3L turbocharged I-3 engine with 155 horsepower / 174 lb ft of torque
- Available all-wheel drive
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system with a 7 inch color touchscreen, Bluetooth streaming, and Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ compatibility
- Standard Automatic Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Alert, Front Pedestrian Braking, and Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Flat-folding front passenger and second-row seats
- Optional hands-free liftgate
- Starting at $21,800 MSRP
IIHS Top Safety Pick + Award – Toyota Corolla
With over 50 million sold worldwide since 1966, it’s simple to see why the Toyota Corolla remains one of the globe’s most coveted sedans. Now entering its twelfth generation, the Corolla is tighter, leaner, and lower than ever before. For extra thrills on your daily drive, Corolla SE and XSE grades take exhilaration and sportiness to new heights. The ergonomic interior of the driver is cleverly engineered to place the driver at the center of attention. You’ll enjoy advanced tech features including standard Wi-Fi Connect, Amazon Alexa, and Apple CarPlay Compatibility for seamless access to your favorite media. Every Toyota Corolla also comes equipped with Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0) — a collection of innovative safety technologies to keep both you and your passengers protected from the unknown.
- Standard 1.8L 4-cylinder engine with 139 horsepower or available 2.0L 4-cylinder Dynamic Force Engine with 169 horsepower
- Standard Continuously Variable Transmission with intelligence and Shift Mode (CVTi-S) or optional 6-speed Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT)
- Up to 31 City / 38 Highway MPG Fuel Economy
- Available Smart Key System on front doors and trunk with Push Button Start
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay® compatibility
- LED headlights, taillights, and Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0)
- Starting at $20,425 MSRP
NHTSA 5-Star Safety Rating – Volkswagen Jetta
As one of the world’s best selling sedans, the Volkswagen Jetta features sleek, athletic exterior styling that is sure to capture the attention of onlookers. Its driver-focused interior includes an infotainment screen located high in the dashboard, making all vehicle information easily accessible to the driver. A standard 1.5-liter Turbocharged TSI® engine provides 158 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque for responsive performance. Eye-catching 17-inch alloy wheels complement the premium look of the Jetta while giving you responsive handling feedback. Optional two-tone V-Tex leatherette seats not only provide greater support and stylish accents, they’re both heated and cooled for personalized comfort in any temperature. Technology remains a strong suit of the Jetta as well. In fact, the Jetta has received a 5-star overall safety rating from the NHTSA thanks to its collection of active driver-assist safety features.
- 1.5-liter Turbocharged Direct-Injection TSI® engine with 158 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque
- Volkswagen Digital Cockpit 10-inch display with 6 customizable information profiles
- Optional customizable 10-color ambient interior lighting
- Available driver assistance technology – Front Assist, Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist, and Light Assist
- Volkswagen Car-Net® system with App-Connect featuring Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Optional BeatsAudio® stereo system
- Starting at $20,365 MSRP
Far more than basic transportation, the Honda HR-V delivers fun-to-drive character, impressive cargo capacity, and the latest tech features at a price that won’t break the bank. All three trim levels of the Honda HR-V are powered by a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 158 horsepower. Thanks to its clever 60/40 split-folding rear seat, the HR-V boasts an impressive maximum cargo capacity of 98.7cubic feet. Parking and maneuvering in tight spaces are never difficult thanks to the standard rearview camera. Both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration are included on every Honda HR-V, meaning your favorite music and apps are never far from your fingertips. For superior confidence and peace of mind behind the wheel, every HR-V comes standard with the groundbreaking Honda Sensing® system of advanced driver-assist safety technologies.
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) and Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Sport Mode
- Available Real Time AWD™ with Intelligent Control System™
- Honda Sensing® system of advanced driver-assist safety technologies
- 7-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen or available 9-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen featuring Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Optional heated leather-trimmed front seats
- Available One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Optional Adaptive Cruise Control w/Low-Speed Follow
- Starting at $23,650 MSRP