10 Best Hybrid & Electric Vehicles for 2022
Thanks to groundbreaking advancements in recent years, choosing to drive an electric vehicle no longer has to mean sacrificing on eye-catching style, invigorating performance, or cutting-edge technology. With more and more manufacturers fielding electric variants in their lineup, choosing between them can prove to be difficult. Germain Cars is here to help make your decision easier. We’ve selected our top picks across a variety of vehicle types and brands to help you choose the one which best fits your lifestyle and budget.
|Vehicle||Starting MSRP||Combined MPGe||EV Range|
|2022 Audi e-tron||$65,900||78||222 Miles|
|2022 Chevrolet Bolt EV||$31,500||120||259 Miles|
|2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid||$46,760||82||32 Miles|
|2022 Honda Insight||$25,760||52||13 Miles|
|2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS||$102,310||97||350 Miles|
|2022 Porsche Taycan||$82,700||79||227 Miles|
|2022 Toyota Prius Prime||$28,220||133||25 Miles|
|2022 BMW i4||$55,400||77||301 Miles|
|2022 Jaguar I-PACE||$69,900||76||222 Miles|
|2021 Range Rover Sport PHEV||$83,000||42||19 Miles|
2022 Audi e-tron
Combined MPGe: 78
EV Range: 222 Miles
Get ready for an entirely new way to experience all-electric travel with the striking Audi e-tron. Engineered with Audi DNA, the e-tron delivers inspired performance with extended range capability, legendary quattro® all-wheel drive, and spacious room to suit your everyday life. Eye-catching styling accents include an ingenious Singleframe® grille, elegant LED taillights, and optional 21-inch alloy wheels for a powerful stance on the road. Step inside and you’ll be greeted by an upscale interior with room for up to 5 passengers along with 57 cubic feet of cargo capacity with the standard 40/20/40 rear seatbacks lowered.
Owning an electric vehicle means no longer having to sacrifice capability or performance. While the Audi e-tron can rocket from 0 to 60 MPH in only 5.5 seconds, you’ll also have the ability to tow up to an impressive 4,000 pounds. Its specialized air suspension offers drivers their choice of 5 individual modes including an off-road setting for conquering rough terrain. A low drag coefficient of 0.30, perfected center of gravity, and instant torque response from two electric motors not only create an exhilarating experience behind the wheel — the e-tron can travel an estimated 160 miles on just a 30-minute charge.
- Dual asynchronous electric motors with quattro® all-wheel drive
- Audi adaptive air suspension
- Eight-way power heated and ventilated front seats with driver’s seat memory
- MMI® navigation plus with Audi connect®
- Bang & Olufsen® 3D premium sound system
- Top view camera with virtual 3D
2022 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Combined MPGe: 120
EV Range: 259 Miles
The Chevrolet Bolt proves that making the switch to an electric vehicle no longer means compromising on sharp styling and everyday practicality. Powering the Bolt is a sophisticated electric powertrain that boasts an impressive 120 combined MPGe rating along with a useful 259 miles of range, perfect for both your daily drive and even longer journeys. Quick and convenient charging solutions help to eliminate any range anxiety concerns. Drivers will have the option to use either 120V standard charging, 240V home charging, or access DC fast-charging public stations.
Step inside the cabin and you’ll find yourself surrounded by innovative connectivity features to further enhance your drive. Easily personalize and access key drive information directly on the standard Digital Information Center. Tracking your efficiency is effortless thanks to the available myChevrolet Mobile App with Energy Assist. Other connectivity features found inside the Bolt include both Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto integration along with an available 4G LTE Wi-Fi® Hotspot.
- Electric drive unit & Lithium-Ion Propulsion Battery – combined system output of 200 horsepower / 266 lb-ft of torque
- Regen on Demand™ steering wheel paddle and available DC Fast Charging capability
- OnStar® & Chevrolet Connected Services capable
- HD Rear Vision Camera
- Chevrolet Infotainment System with 10.2-inch diagonal color touch-screen
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Combined MPGe: 82
EV Range: 32 Miles
One of America’s most family-friendly minivans is now more efficient than ever before. Meet the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, engineered with an innovative electrified powertrain to help you and your family make memories that last a lifetime. Its proven 3.6-liter V6 engine is paired with twin electric motors, producing a total of 260 horsepower and earning a combined 82 MPGe fuel economy rating. The system can intuitively sense when it’s best to use electricity or gas, delivering a total of up to 32 miles of EV range or up to 520 miles of total range. Perfect for both long and short distance travel, the Pacifica Hybrid is truly unmatched by any other competitor in its class.
Featuring over 80 different seating configurations along with more interior space than even a full-size SUV, the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is the perfect choice for active families. Its signature Stow ‘n Go foldable second and third-row seats provide the ultimate solution for transporting both cargo and passengers. Choose the available Uconnect Theater Family Group to receive a host of entertainment features ranging from individual screens and USB ports to wireless headsets to help eliminate boredom on long road trips. Equipped with state-of-the-art safety features, the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is truly the ultimate minivan.
- 3.6L V6 Hybrid Engine with EFlite Si-EVT Transmission (up to 82 combined MPGe)
- Uconnect® 5 Navigation with 10.1-Inch Display
- Standard Premium Cloth Bucket Seats with Stow ‘n Go foldable second and third-row seats
- Optional Uconnect® Theater Family Group Rear Entertainment Package
- Available 240-volt Mopar® Level II charger
2022 Honda Insight
Combined MPGe: 52
EV Range: 1 Mile
Smart, stylish, and efficient – the Honda Insight offers an appealing blend of everything drivers have been searching for in a compact hybrid sedan. Power comes in the form of a third-generation Honda two-motor hybrid system that delivers a total of 151 net system horsepower. The Insight operates as a “series hybrid” which means that its gasoline engine is solely responsible for producing electricity instead of sending power to the wheels. Offering a departure from the typical bland styling associated with hybrid sedans, the Honda Insight offers flowing lines and a chiseled hood to help it stand out from the ordinary.
Inside the cabin, the Insight provides you with the latest technological innovations to enhance your daily drive. The available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic ensures that you’ll always arrive at your destination on time and safely. Speaking of safety, every Insight comes standard with the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features. With a 52 combined MPG fuel economy rating, the Honda Insight is the perfect choice for those who crave efficiency and value without making any compromises on style.
- 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle engine, powerful electric propulsion motor, and lithium-ion battery pack with a total system output of 151 horsepower and 197 lb-ft of electric motor torque
- Three selectable driving modes – ECON, Sport, and EV
- Standard Honda Sensing®️ suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Available next-generation HondaLink®️ subscription services and HomeLink®️ Remote System
- Optional 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen with Apple CarPlay™️ and Android Auto™️ integration
- Available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™️, Honda HD Digital Traffic, and 4G LTE Wi-Fi capability
2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS
EV Range: 350 Miles
Experience the future of luxury motoring with the sleek and sophisticated all-electric Mercedes-Benz EQS. The latest member of the growing family of Mercedes-EQ electrified vehicles, the EQS is inspired by the iconic S-Class to usher in a new era of refinement and prestige. You’ll experience smooth, streamline power delivery from its electrified powertrain along with exhilarating acceleration capabilities. World-class efficiency and blistering speed combined with the Mercedes-Benz EQS.
Step inside the cabin of the EQS to discover a wealth of innovative connectivity and multimedia functions that set the benchmark for the luxury segment. Proudly showcased is the jaw-dropping MBUX Hyperscreen that measures over 56 inches in width and combines multiple screens. DC Fast Charging capabilities make it effortless to recharge and hit the road without restriction or range anxiety concerns. The Mercedes-Benz EQS serves as the flagship all-electric vehicle in the Mercedes-Benz model lineup.
- Dual electric motor generating an output of 469 horsepower and 560 lb-ft of torque
- 0–60 MPH in under 4.5 seconds, top speed greater than 124 MPH, and an estimated range of 435 miles
- 100 kWh battery recharges to 80% in 20 minutes using high-power DC Fast Charging
- MBUX Hyperscreen curved screen band measuring over 56 inches wide, featuring 8 CPU cores, 24-gigabyte RAM, and 46.4 GB per second RAM memory bandwidth
- CONNECTED LIGHT interior lighting system, providing both atmosphere and information
- Luxury interior developed from recycled materials
2022 Porsche Taycan
Total Range: 227 Miles (Taycan 4S)
0-60 Time: 2.6 seconds (with Launch Control, Taycan Turbo S)
Perfected on the racetrack and bred for the roadways, the striking Porsche Taycan is an exhibition of the brand’s commitment to electrifying the future of performance driving. Pushing the limits of what an EV powertrain is capable of, the Taycan offers a top speed of up to 161 MPH and a combined system output of 750 horsepower. A cleverly-positioned battery is found in the underbody of the Taycan, helping it achieve an optimized center of gravity.
Porsche Turbo Charging allows the Taycan to use 270kW DC charging stations which restore 80% of capacity within 22.5 minutes. Inside the Taycan, an ingenious eye-tracking system uses camera sensors to identify exactly which instrument the driver is viewing. Cockpit design elements are inspired by the very first Porsche 911. The Porsche Taycan is expected to set the benchmark for the high-performance electric sports sedan.
- Acceleration 0-60 MPH – 2.6 seconds (with Launch Control)
- Power – 560 kW (Up to 750 horsepower)
- Range – 279 Miles
- Charging – Available Porsche Turbo Charging
- Top speed – 161 MPH
2022 Toyota Prius Prime
Combined MPGe: 133
EV Range: 25 Miles
As the most efficient Toyota hybrid ever, the Prius Prime has the power to run in either EV or hybrid driving modes. With a total driving range of up to 640 miles, the Prius Prime raises the bar for efficiency. Lightweight materials, advanced aerodynamics, and proven hybrid technology prove to help you get the most out of every mile. Offering more than efficiency, the Prius Prime also offers eye-catching styling elements which include standard LED lighting, alloy wheels, and a carbon-fiber-reinforced-polymer rear hatch.
Innovative technology features include an available 11.6-inch HD multimedia display, Intelligent Drive Coach, and a Remote Climate App each offer convenience and control not found in many hybrid vehicles. Driver-assistive features such as Intelligent Clearance Sonar, Intelligent Parking Assist, and a backup camera help take the guesswork out of backing out of a tight parking spot. Standard Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS-2.0) provides greater peace of mind and confidence behind the wheel of the Toyota Prius Prime.
- Hybrid system net power: 121 horsepower (90 kW)
- Standard outlet /240V (public charging) charging capabilities
- 640-mile EPA-estimated total driving range
- Quad-LED projector headlights with auto on/off feature
- Carbon-fiber-reinforced-polymer rear hatch
2022 BMW i4
Combined MPGe – 77
EV Range – 301 Miles
Featuring a unique blend of innovative technology, electrified efficiency, and iconic BMW styling – the i4 is a product of race-proven performance and perfected engineering. Featuring 301 miles of total electric range, the unique fast charging capabilities of the i4 means that you can add an additional 90 miles of range in only 10 minutes. With a total of 335 horsepower on tap, the i4 eDrive40 can rocket from 0 to 60 in an astonishing 5.4 seconds. Perfectly positioned in the chassis, its dual electric motors contribute to a perfected center of gravity and agile handling characteristics.
Featuring spacious room for 5, this all-electric sedan features a driver-focused interior with an impressive amount of creature comforts and innovative tech features. Standard Sport seats upholstered in either perforated SensaTech or optional Vernasca Leather provide supportive comfort during high-speed maneuvers. The latest iteration of the groundbreaking BMW iDrive system is your hub for all of your favorite multimedia features inside of the i4.
- All-electric 335-hp and 317 lb-ft of torque motor with 81 kWh high-voltage lithium-ion battery pack
- J1772 AC Fast charging capability (11 kW) and DC Fast charging capability (SAE Combo connector)
- BMW ConnectedDrive® Services including Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ Compatibility
- Live Cockpit Plus features BMW Curved Display with configurable 12.3-inch instrument cluster and 14.9-inch central information display
- 18-inch Gunmetal Grey Aero wheels, Style 854 with Performance Non Run-flat Tires
- Flexible Fast Charging Cable
2022 Jaguar I-PACE
Combined MPGe: 76
EV Range: Up to 240 Miles
When designing the I-PACE, engineers worked tirelessly to ensure that the vehicle retains all of the iconic drive characteristics of a Jaguar. Inspiring to look at and thrilling to drive, the I-PACE is a pure Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) that offers a 240-mile EV range and the ability to accelerate from 0-60 in just 4.5 seconds. Two permanent magnet synchronous electric motors work in tandem to provide power that’s both smooth and responsive. The I-PACE can achieve a 0-80% charge in 85 minutes using a 50 kW DC rapid charger commonly found at most public charging stations.
Despite its compact footprint on the exterior, this impressive Jaguar can seat up to five passengers while still offering 25.3 cubic feet of rear cargo capacity. The interior features flowing lines, a simplistic dashboard layout, and tactile features for superior usability. A standard Touch Pro® Duo infotainment system keeps you in-sync with 4G Wi-Fi capability along with an array of connectivity features.
- Two permanent magnet synchronous electric motors, 90 kWh battery, and All-Wheel Drive – total system output of 394 horsepower and 512 lb-ft of torque
- Touch Pro Duo infotainment system with 10-inch touchscreen
- Centrally-mounted 12.3-inch high-definition Interactive Driver Display
- Meridian Surround Sound System with Trifield™ technology
- Optional Jaguar Activity Key
2021 Range Rover Sport PHEV
Combined MPGe: 42
EV Range: 19 Miles
While known for their go-anywhere off-road capabilities, the Range Rover lineup has a fresh face that’s also easier on the environment. The Range Rover Sport PHEV is powered by an advanced 2.0L Turbocharged Plug-In Hybrid I4 powertrain that offers up to 19 miles of pure electric range. Innovative capabilities of this sophisticated system include Journey Charging, Destination Charging, and Timed Charging to help you maximize every bit of power. Using Timed Charging, only 8 hours are required to receive a full charge using a home charging cable.
In keeping with the iconic Range Rover tradition of conquering the most inhospitable environments across the globe, the Range Rover Sport PHEV delivers 33.4 inches of wading depth. Short front and rear overhangs allow it to tread confidently where other SUVs fear to travel. The Land Rover Terrain Response System adds even more capability to the adventurous Range Rover Sport PHEV. Step inside and you’ll find a collection of infotainment options including standard Touch Pro™ Duo with Intelligent Plug-In Hybrid Display.
- 2.0L Turbocharged Plug-In Hybrid I4 with 398-horsepower (297kW) / 472-lb ft of torque total power / torque output
- Timed Charging capability and 8 hour charge time with home charging cable
- Touch Pro™ Duo with Intelligent Plug-In Hybrid Display
- Land Rover Terrain Response system
- Up to 33.4 inches of ground clearance
The Germain Motor Company is proud to unveil Jaguar Easton’s collaboration with Smart Columbus. Together, our goal is to grow the Columbus region’s charging infrastructure while getting our local community excited about EV technology at the same time. Not only does it have a positive impact on our environment, but energy efficiency is also encouraging more and more drivers to make the switch to all-electric commuting. Through this partnership, we share a bright vision for the future of mobility in Columbus and we have big plans to make it a reality.