10 Best Hybrid Vehicles for 2023
Thanks to groundbreaking advancements in recent years, choosing to drive a hybrid vehicle no longer has to mean sacrificing on eye-catching style, invigorating performance, or cutting-edge technology. With more and more manufacturers fielding hybrid variants in their lineup, choosing between them can prove to be difficult. The Germain Motor Company is here to help make your decision easier. We’ve selected our top picks across a variety of vehicle types and brands to help you choose the one which best fits your lifestyle and budget.
|Vehicle||Starting MSRP||Combined MPGe||EV Range|
|2023 Audi Q5 PHEV||$57,400||61||23 Miles|
|2023 BMW 3 Series PHEV||$44,900||75||23 Miles|
|2023 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid||$50,495||82||32 Miles|
|2023 Ford Explorer Limited||$47,070||27||N/A|
|2023 Honda CR-V Hybrid||$32,950||40||N/A|
|2023 Jeep Wrangler 4xe||$54,735||49||21 Miles|
|2023 Lexus UX Hybrid||$35,925||42||N/A|
|2023 Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid||$109,000||52||19 Miles|
|2023 Range Rover Sport MHEV||$83,000||22||51 Miles|
2023 Audi Q5 PHEV
Combined MPGe: 61
EV Range: 23 Miles
When it comes to midsize luxury SUVs, the Audi Q5 PHEV combines efficiency with premium refinement, unlike any other vehicle in its class. This sophisticated SUV delivers remarkable performance capabilities thanks to its legendary quattro® all-wheel drive system paired with a plug-in hybrid drivetrain. The end result? A muscular 362 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque capable of rocketing from 0-60 MPH in just 5 seconds. In addition to this exhilarating performance, you’ll also experience up to 61 combined MPG and a usable electric driving range of up to 23 miles.
Step inside the cabin and you’ll discover all of the signature amenities that make Audi vehicles some of the most coveted in the industry. For example, the cutting-edge Audi MMI touch display provides seamless access to all of your favorite apps and media via standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration. Since even the most experienced drivers can use a helping hand from time to time, every Q5 PHEV comes standard with an array of innovative driver assistance technologies ranging from adaptive cruise control to automatic emergency braking.
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder + electric motor (PHEV)
- LED headlights with DRL signature
- Audi smartphone interface including Apple CarPlay® and Google™ Android Auto™
- 18-inch 5-arm star design wheels
- Audi pre sense® basic and Audi pre sense® city
- Driver information system with 7-inch color display
2023 BMW 330e
Combined MPGe: 75
EV Range: 23 Miles
One of the most instantly recognizable luxury sedans in the world, the BMW 3 Series has built its reputation on uncompromising excellence. With the introduction of the dynamic 330e, shoppers searching for outstanding efficiency now have an exhilarating option in the form of this hybrid luxury sedan. Power comes in the form of a 2.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 4-cylinder and a purpose-built eDrive electric motor that works in synchrony to deliver an impressive 288 combined system horsepower. You’ll be able to take advantage of up to 75 combined MPGe along with a practical EV range of up to 23 miles. Available xDrive all-wheel drive adds even more capability.
Staying true to its heritage, the 330e retains all of the unmistakable characteristics of the BMW sedan lineup. An available M Sport package adds aggressive track-inspired design cues to the exterior along with other race-ready amenities to the cabin. Access to all of your favorite infotainment features is seamless thanks to the Live Cockpit Plus including the BMW Curved Display with a configurable 12.3-inch instrument cluster and 14.9-inch central information display. Thanks to standard BMW eDrive Services, you can access a multitude of features of your 330e remotely from virtually anywhere.
- 2.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 4-cylinder and eDrive electric motor (xDrive AWD available)
- 8-speed Sport Automatic transmission with enhanced gearshift dynamics
- Available Vernasca leather upholstery
- Standard Active Guard Collision and Pedestrian Warning with City Braking function
- BMW Live Cockpit featuring iDrive 8 with BMW Curved Display featuring a 12.3-inch instrument cluster and 14.9-inch central information display
- Standard rain sensor, automatic headlights, three-zone automatic climate control system, and hands-free phone system
2023 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Combined MPGe: 82
EV Range: 32 Miles
One of America’s most family-friendly minivans is now more efficient than ever before. Meet the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, engineered with an innovative electrified powertrain to help you and your family make memories that last a lifetime. Its proven 3.6-liter V6 engine is paired with twin electric motors, producing a total of 260 horsepower and earning a combined 82 MPGe fuel economy rating. The system can intuitively sense when it’s best to use electricity or gas, delivering a total of up to 32 miles of EV range or up to 520 miles of total range. Perfect for both long and short distance travel, the Pacifica Hybrid is truly unmatched by any other competitor in its class.
Featuring over 80 different seating configurations along with more interior space than even a full-size SUV, the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is the perfect choice for active families. Its signature Stow ‘n Go foldable second and third-row seats provide the ultimate solution for transporting both cargo and passengers. Choose the available Uconnect Theater Family Group to receive a host of entertainment features ranging from individual screens and USB ports to wireless headsets to help eliminate boredom on long road trips. Equipped with state-of-the-art safety features, the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is truly the ultimate minivan.
- 3.6L V6 Hybrid Engine with EFlite Si-EVT Transmission (up to 82 combined MPGe)
- Uconnect® 5 Navigation with 10.1-Inch Display
- Standard Premium Cloth Bucket Seats with Stow ‘n Go foldable second and third-row seats
- Optional Uconnect® Theater Family Group Rear Entertainment Package
- Available 240-volt Mopar® Level II charger
2023 Ford Explorer Limited
Combined MPGe: 27
EV Range: N/A
Already an icon among SUV buyers, the Ford Explorer is now more capable and fuel-efficient than ever before. Choosing the Explorer Limited means that you’ll receive a standard 3.3-liter hybrid engine that delivers a total of 318 horsepower and 322 lb-ft of torque. Paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission, this hybrid SUV is even able to tow up to 5,000 pounds and can be equipped with an available intelligent four-wheel drive system for maximum confidence in harsh weather conditions. Even with its outstanding capability, the Explorer Limited is still able to deliver up to a remarkable 27 combined MPG fuel economy.
Featuring three-row seating for up to 7 passengers, the Ford Explorer Limited includes plenty of creature comforts to keep the whole crew comfortable for the journey. For example, its standard leather-trimmed seats with micro-perforated inserts and contrast stitching provide the perfect blend of style and support. Available SYNC® 3 and FordPass Connect™ Wi-Fi service helps you stay in touch with your social circle no matter how far your next adventure takes you. Finally, standard Ford Co-Pilot360 offers a full suite of advanced driver-assist technologies to keep you and your passengers protected from the unexpected.
- 3.3L Hybrid Powertrain with 10-Speed Automatic Transmission
- Optional Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™
- Ford Co-Pilot360™ suite of driver-assist technologies
- Available PowerFold® third-row seats and E-Z entry second-row seats
- Optional B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen
- Available 360-degree camera with split-view
2023 Honda CR-V Hybrid
Combined MPGe: 40
EV Range: N/A
Smart, stylish, and efficient – the Honda CR-V offers an appealing blend of everything drivers have been searching for in a compact hybrid SUV. Power comes in the form of a third-generation Honda two-motor hybrid system that delivers a total of 204 net system horsepower. The CR-V Hybrid operates as a “series hybrid” which means that its gasoline engine is solely responsible for producing electricity instead of sending power to the wheels. Offering a departure from the typical bland styling associated with hybrid SUVs, the Honda CR-V Hybrid offers flowing lines and a chiseled hood to help it stand out from the ordinary.
Inside the cabin, the CR-V Hybrid provides you with the latest technological innovations to enhance your daily drive. The available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic ensures that you’ll always arrive at your destination on time and safely. Speaking of safety, every CR-V Hybrid comes standard with the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features. With a 40 combined MPG fuel economy rating, the Honda CR-V Hybrid is the perfect choice for those who crave efficiency and value without making any compromises on style.
- Two-Motor Hybrid Powertrain with 204 horsepower and available Real Time AWD™
- 4-Mode Drive System including Snow, Sport, and ECON Modes
- Honda Sensing® Safety & Driver-Assistive Technologies
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Compatibility
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
- Available Bose Premium Sound System with 12 Speakers, including Subwoofer
2023 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Combined MPGe: 49
EV Range: 21 Miles
Perhaps the most successful off-road vehicle of all-time, the Jeep Wrangler is now more capable and more efficient than its predecessors. Choosing the Wrangler 4xe allows you to experience the capability of its standard 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo PHEV engine (375 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque) with Quadra-Trac II 4WD System and 8-Speed Automatic Transmission. This drivetrain provides you with the go-anywhere off-road abilities that have made the Wrangler a legend both on and off the trails. Thanks to its onboard hybrid electric power, the Wrangler 4xe boasts an all-electric driving range of up to 21 miles and a combined MPGe rating of up to 49.
A diverse range of available trim levels allows you to experience the freedom and untamed spirit that the Wrangler has built its reputation on. Offered in both hardtop and soft top configurations, you and your passengers can enjoy open-air views of the trails. Its standard Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display lets you map out your next adventure and stay connected for the whole journey. Bold exterior color choices and limitless personalization options make the Jeep Wrangler 4xe unlike any other off-road vehicle on the market today.
- 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo PHEV engine, Quadra-Trac II 4WD System, and 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
- 4xe E Selec modes including Hybrid, Electric, and eSave
- Body-color fender flares and 4xe-unique Lagoon Blue Tow Hooks
- Available Sunrider® for Hardtop
- Towing capacity of 3,500 lbs
- Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display
2023 Lexus UX Hybrid
Combined MPGe: 42
EV Range: N/A
City-sized and ready to help you get out and explore, the sophisticated Lexus UX Hybrid is a refreshing alternative to mundane subcompact luxury SUVs. In addition to its nimble handling and agility, the UX Hybrid stands out from the competition with its standard Inline 4-cylinder engine with Lexus Hybrid Drive that delivers up to an impressive 42 combined MPG fuel economy rating. Lexus Hybrid Drive also includes a dedicated EV mode that can allow you to drive using electric power for short distances.
Premium craftsmanship, a signature component of all Lexus vehicles, is especially evident inside the UX Hybrid thanks to a collection of luxurious amenities and upscale features. Available heated and ventilated NuLuxe®*-trimmed front seats combine Japanese aesthetics with modern-day luxury. The largest in its class, the UX Hybrid also boasts a stunning 12.3-inch high-resolution multimedia display featuring wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility. Rounding out the extensive list of standard equipment for the UX Hybrid is the award-winning Lexus Safety System+ 2.5 suite of driver-assist technologies.
- Inline 4-cylinder engine with Lexus Hybrid Drive
- Optional Lexus Interface with 12.3-in multimedia touchscreen display
- Standard Lexus Safety System+ 2.5 suite of driver-assist technologies
- Available Lexus 10-speaker Premium Sound System
- Dual-zone climate control with interior air filter
- Lexus app (Remote Connect engine start, service scheduling, Vehicle Health Reports/Alerts and more)
2023 Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid
Combined MPGe – 52
EV Range – 19 Miles
While Porsche has a worldwide reputation for crafting race-winning vehicles, the Panamera E-Hybrid demonstrates how the brand takes aim at capturing the benefits of electric power and combining them with first-class craftsmanship. Available in Sport Sedan, Executive, and Sport Turismo body styles, the Panamera E-Hybrid feature advanced electrified hybrid powertrains that push the limits of performance. Entry-level 4 E-Hybrid models produce a robust 455 horsepower while 4S E-Hybrid trims turn up the exhilaration to 562 horsepower. Topping the range is the Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid which delivers a jaw-dropping 690 horsepower and 642 lb-ft of torque. Positioned low in the battery, the electrified powertrain helps deliver a perfected center of gravity for the Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid family.
Designed to deliver a true sports car experience in the form of a sedan, the Panamera E-Hybrid is expertly appointed with upscale amenities. With ergonomics in mind, the ascending center console places all essential controls within arm’s reach of the driver. The Porsche Advanced Cockpit control concept simulates the layout of a race car with easily accessible information and readouts. Porsche Communication Management (PCM) serves as the gateway to all multimedia functions inside the exhilarating Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid.
- Your choice of three individual Drive-E powertrains
- 12.3-inch touchscreen center display with touch-sensitive controls and heads-up display (HUD)
- Smartphone Integration with Bluetooth, Android Auto, and Apple CarPlay®
- Standard 8-way electrically adjustable comfort seats with driver memory package, with optional 14-way electrically adjustable comfort seats or 18-way electrically adjustable adaptive sport seats
- Standard lane keeping assist and traffic sign recognition
- Leather-wrapped multifunction Sport steering wheel with shift paddles
2023 Range Rover Sport PHEV
Combined MPGe: 22
EV Range: 51 Miles
While known for their go-anywhere off-road capabilities, the Range Rover lineup has a fresh face that’s also easier on the environment. The Range Rover Sport PHEV is powered by an advanced P440e 3.0L i6 PHEV powertrain that offers up to 51 miles of pure electric range. Thanks to its sophisticated DC rapid charging capabilities, the Range Rover Sport PHEV takes less than one hour to restore up to an 80% charge to the battery. At home using a 7kW AC home charger, it takes just 5 hours to completely charge up. Innovative capabilities of this sophisticated system include Journey Charging, Destination Charging, and Timed Charging to help you maximize every bit of power.
In keeping with the iconic Range Rover tradition of conquering the most inhospitable environments across the globe, the Range Rover Sport PHEV delivers 35.4 inches of wading depth. Short front and rear overhangs allow it to tread confidently where other SUVs fear to travel. The Land Rover Terrain Response System adds even more capability to the adventurous Range Rover Sport PHEV. Step inside and you’ll find a collection of infotainment options including standard Pivi Pro with Intelligent Plug-In Hybrid Display.
- P440e PHEV powertrain with 31.8-kWh battery (434 HP) and 8-speed automatic transmission with AWD
- Meridian™ Surround Sound System
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist
- Dynamic Air Suspension with Adaptive Dynamics
- Pivi Pro with 13.1-inch Touchscreen, Online Pack with Data Plan, and Amazon Alexa
The Germain Motor Company is proud to unveil Jaguar Easton’s collaboration with Smart Columbus. Together, our goal is to grow the Columbus region’s charging infrastructure while getting our local community excited about EV technology at the same time. Not only does it have a positive impact on our environment, but energy efficiency is also encouraging more and more drivers to make the switch to all-electric commuting. Through this partnership, we share a bright vision for the future of mobility in Columbus and we have big plans to make it a reality.